Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ever seen a confused doctor??

If you answered no, you should have been with us today!! The doctor went through his usual questions and when he asked how I was feeling, I told him I feel great except I still get a little tired, but NOTHING like before. He said all cultures from my last procedure is negative except the MAI. He said he is still convinced I have sarcoid (not sure if that is a confirmed diagnosis or not). He said we have 3 options.....1) I can start treatment for MAI, 2) I can start treatment for sarcoid or 3) I can wait and see what happens. I told him I'd rather wait and see what happens. I mean why treat something that isn't showing symptoms. I told Jeff it's like treating a broke foot that's not broke. If it's not broke, don't fix it. So......he made sure I had my flu shot and said come back in 4 months and do a breathing test and another x-ray to see if the lymph nodes have shrunk. He said of course if I start feeling bad or anything changes in the mean time, definitely call him.

After the doctor walked out, I laughed and told Jeff "I enjoyed watching the doctor squirm with confusion!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment