Monday, August 30, 2010

Not accepting the answers....

I went back to the doctor today. He had called me last week after I had posted my last blog. He had told me the same thing the nurse had said. So today when I saw him, he told me that the cultures from the bronchoscopy had grown MAI (mycobacterium avium intracellulare) which mimics TB. But the cultures from the mediastinoscopy haven't grown anything, so he was a little confused. He said that MAI does not cause enlarged lymph nodes like I have, so he still believes I have sarcoid on top of this. He kept saying he wasn't positive I have the MAI, but wanted to start me on the medication for it, which consists of 3 medicines that he said will be very expensive and could have very bad side affects such as liver damage and damage to my eyes. I would also have to be monitored closely by an opthamologist. He said he wanted me to try this for 2 weeks and then we might start the steroids for the sarcoid or we may discontinue the medicine and just do the steroids. So I told Jeff after we left the doctors office, that if the medicine is real expensive then I wasn't going to do that. There are too many risks associated with going that way when he's not even positive that's what  I have. 

I called the pharmacy to find out how much the medicine was.......for the 3 medicines, it was going to be $300!! So I've left a message for the doctor that we can't afford the medicine.

I told Jeff the reason he's confused and things aren't showing up is because the Lord is healing me. I've been praying that my confirmation that He is healing me would be that the doctor would tell us he is confused, and he is!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment