Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Looks like surgery again....

Went back to the doctor this morning. He said the cultures didn't grow anything. I asked if that was a good or bad thing. He said he wished they had grown something so we would have a definite answer. But since everything came back normal, we have 3 options. 
1. Wait and see what happens,
2. Do the mediatinoscopy again and try to get more samples, or
3. Go ahead and start the high doses of steriods.

He said he is pretty positive I have sacroid, but there is still that slight chance I might still have a touch of histoplasmosis. If I do still have some histo, and we start steroids, I would have to go in every week for lab and x-rays, and be monitored very closely. He said the risks are very high on going ahead with the steriods. I asked him what he thought we should do. He said the surgery. I asked Jeff what he thought and he agreed with the doctor. I told him as much as I hate to do it, let's go ahead. So on Tuesday, I see the surgeon again and possibly surgery on Wednesday. It will be outpatient. He said there is also the option to try another round of the meds to treat histo. I told him no because it made me so sick before and didn't do much good. I told him I don't want to treat something that isn't showing up. He said since I'm not doing too good, we need to get moving on this. 

Last two days have been bad. I just don't feel good. It's an effort to hold my head up at times. But I keep looking hope endures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment